Fullstack RoR Senior Dev - Remote, Async, Flexiable, Chilled

Hi there!

Job Offer
Looking for a friendly, passionate, smart fullstack developer to join me on various startup projects.

Who am I?
I’m a senior fullstack engineer myself. Been coding for about 12 years now, and I contract out to startups, usually as a Senior developer/CTO type role.

Right now I’m getting more work than I can handle and I’d like to have a developer or two that I can team up with to get the work done!

You can see more about me in these places:

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andrew-rose-13722a17

What’s in it for you?

• Well, hopefully the chance to work on many different projects. But for now it’s only one… we’ll get to that in a minute!

• Relaxed, chilled. I believe in good code and good work ethics, but I’m also very flexible with how we work. Want to do less hours/more hours? Let’s talk! Want to work completely async? Fine by me.

• New skills. I’m always trying to integrate new technology into projects if it makes sense. Right now the project I’m working on has a completely separate js frontend built on webpack and vuejs. it’s pretty awesome.

• Experience. I’ve been doing this a long time and I’ve helped a lot of developers level up their skills. if you’re senior, but still relatively new to development, there’s still a lot to learn!

• The future. If it works out, then there’s plenty more projects in the future. Maybe we could even start up companies together. I’ve got my own right now that will need another developer soon (I’m the only one on it) and equity would be an option.

Ok ok, enough, what’s the project?

Currently it’s a Rails 4 backend with a Vuejs frontend. If you haven’t used Vuejs it’s pretty awesome. It’s like React but way easier to “get” and a lot of fun. it’s also super powerful. It’s pretty early on in the project so a lot of architectural decisions still to make.

• Rails 4
  • Postgres
  • Heroku
  • Vuejs
  • Webpack
  • RSpec
  • (looking for a js test framework, will probably learn Nightcrawler)

What skills you need to have

Firstly we need to get on. I’m a pretty laid back kind of guy who’s obsessed with making great tech products.

BUT, I’m also very pragmatic, and not interested in “rockstars” or “ninjas”. That’s the kind of person I’d like to work with.

You need to be fullstack, back and frontend. And you need to be extremely fluent in TDD and BDD. Tests are very important, particularly feature tests. Right now this app doesn’t have any feature tests as it;s a js only frontend we’ll need to learn js testing together. If you’ve done this, AWESOME.

A lot of the work will be implementing new designs, so you need to be very confident with css and markup. Particularly sass, but just good css practices in general.

How I work

Pretty standard workflow. Trello, agile, user stories, Github, PRs, code reviews, Continuous Integration. Code reviews are a big part of the flow. They improve code quality but also generate pretty educational discussions!

Hours

To start off with, looking for about 15 hours a week. But that will become more flexible if we work out together.

How do I get paid Andy?

You’ll give me your hourly rate, and we’ll go from there!

Where the hell are you based?

I’m in London!

If you’re interested reply here with your contact details. Any questions lemme know!

1 Like

Hello @thatandyrose

I would like to assist you with your requirements.

Please let me know more details.

You can contact me at aaron dot cis10 at gmail.com and on Skype: aaron.cis

I will look forward to connecting with you.

BR
Aaron Lennon