WHO WE ARE:
Global App Testing
Very well funded company within crowdsourced app testing industry.
We have thousands of testers around the world who in an instant can QA/test any OS/Device.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR:
We’re looking for backend ruby developers who are proactive and are willing to learn new ways of looking at the code and it's design.
If you like to dabble in various forms of AI too, then we will have quite a few challenges for you in this area because we’re building out our R&D / Data Science team right now, so you could learn from the pros that we’re hiring.
Your primary focus will be on all things backend and quite a bit of frontend. Most of the time you will be working within one of the small teams which are focused on a specific feature or a pipeline.
Our teams are structured in a way that there's always someone who makes final decisions so you won't have to deal with a flat management structure problems
WHAT WE COULD OFFER:
- negotiable salary, but within 12000 - 21000 PLN net a month on a VAT invoice (B2B), depending on your experience and quality of your code
- permanent contract with a 6 months trial period
- career progression within the development team up to a Lead Developer in Poland
WHAT WE CAN'T OFFER:
- paid holidays because this is B2B initially
- paid sick leave
Take the above list into account when thinking about your monthly rate.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- communicating on a daily basis with the rest of the development team in Poland and UK via chat or google hangouts (video calls)
- designing and implementing major new features for internal and external users (for e.g. Customers, Testers, Operations Team)
- building modular code which has a clear separation of responsibility
- optimizing applications for maximum speed and scalability if needed
- leading a project or feature from time to time
- solving various interesting problems around virtual machines, tester management, tester scoring, semi automated test execution, spam activity detection (also ML, natural language processing, neural networks down the line if you’re interested)
- suggesting technologies that fit the problem at hand
- suggesting technologies that you would like to try out because you sense that they can bring a lot to the table but had no chance to try them out yet
- suggesting technologies and solutions which could be a game changer in our market (or any other market) if you spot something interesting
- helping less experienced developers from time to time
Please keep in mind that you don't need to tick all the boxes here, because we will need to teach you some of those things either way.
- good knowledge of Ruby
- good knowledge of Ruby on Rails
- good understanding of TDD and it's benefits to be able to code with and without it while keeping the code quality high (you need appropriate mindset when coding)
- basic / entry level understanding of few of the SOLID principles
- good understanding of git code versioning tool
- min 3 years of experience in backend development
- have built highly scalable and robust systems in the past
- designing and implementing complex applications (code complexity and data model complexity)
- creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- integration with various internal and external APIs using opensource and custom built API connectors
- data migration, transformation and scripting
- outputting data in different formats
BONUS SKILLS / EXPERIENCE (NOT REQUIRED):
- any experience with building NodeJS apps (both frontend and server apps)
- any experience in latest ReactJS, ES5, ES6, Redux
- any experience in latest Elixir, Phoenix
- good understanding of how to apply SOLID principles in practice so you can help with training the team
- any experience with AI (ML, NLP, Neural Networks of various types, Swarm Intelligence, Genetic Algorithms, etc.)
Our dedication to helping you become successful.
Responsibility and a real say in the future of the company.
You’ll have a role that will be vital to the company's growth and every idea you come up with will always be carefully considered