Hi. I am looking to hire 5 Ruby developers asap. B2B contract. We can not accept consultancies sorry, has to be full time with us.
The details are below. Please send me your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
At Hinterview we’re using video to change the way the recruitment industry works. Our video interviewing tool allows candidates to express their personality and showcase experience that can’t be seen in a CV. Our wider platform helps recruitment professionals to fight against the increasingly technology-led erosion of their value proposition.
We’re just a small, lean team but we’ve built the leading product in the market! We are looking to grow and increase our dev capacity to be able to work on more of the exciting projects coming up.
This is a remote, work from anywhere role. Our head office is in London but we’re a pragmatic team, and we don’t care where you work from. We’re only interested in allowing you to do the best work you can.
The Hinterview application is mostly a monolithic Ruby on Rails application. We prioritise pragmatism and simplicity, though we are always exploring areas where services may be appropriate. Along outstanding Ruby on Rails knowledge, you will also need to be familiar with Redis and sidekiq as we use it for background jobs, and Postegres database, as this is our principal
data store. It would be great if you knew Heroku, because we try to simplify DevOps as much as possible. Though we do require the ability for a developer to diagnose and investigate application bottle necks wherever in the tech stack they may be.
The frontend is a Vue.js application written in ES6 with Vuex for state management. We heavily use the material design inspired Vuetify library for our UI and try and write as little CSS as possible!
We strive to provide the best UX experience we can, so there’s a big focus in building intelligent and
dynamic frontend UI.
• You’re a pragmatic and mature developer who thrives on problem solving across all layers of
• You feel the ownership of what you’re working on.
• You’re passionate about building products that humans love to use.
• You understand the tensions and challenges between perfect code and getting features
• You’re ok with ambiguity in your tasks. We need someone to bring their own creativity, to fill
the gaps, while staying aligned to the team’s vision.
• You enjoy a fast paced environment where priorities change. That’s part of the fun, and we
need great engineers who can adapt quickly.
• Strong interpersonal skills and remote experience. We’re a partially remote team, we need
to communicate a lot and we like to be nice to each other
Required Technical Skills
• Ruby on Rails - we like to keep it simple, We hope you do too.
• Github Pull Requests - Code reviews are an extremely important part of the process.
• SQL. Most of the time AR get us 95% of the way, but every now and then we need to talk to Postgres directly. We need you to be able to jump into somewhat complex queries.
Nice to Haves
• Worked a lot with ffmpeg?
• Have experience with WebRTC?
• Have experience with higher performing languages? c#, Go, elixir? Parts of the app are ripe
+44 7800 574 260