Hi, we are ofri, based in Zurich, Switzerland, and are looking for an experienced web developer to join our small remote team.
Our marketplace connects people who need to get a job done with handymen interested in doing the job. Our vision is to be the most reliable platform for finding the best handymen for a fair price. We strongly believe in a timeless business approach: simplicity, great quality and awesome customer service. We are 100% bootstrapped, profitable and have grown by ~50% annually over the last couple of years.
Currently the platform is based on classic Ruby on Rails application with server-side rendered user interface but we are planning on adding more and more interactive elements.
What we expect from you:
- Experience with working on at least medium-sized Ruby on Rails application.
- Solid problem solving skills. We value ability to understand and adapt to different technologies more than knowing references to favourite tools by heart.
- Good understanding of UNIX server environment.
- Ability to self-organize and willingness to show initiative beyond closing assigned tickets.
Why join our team
- Friendly and flexible work environment with a 100% remote team that’s dedicated to providing best possible product for the customers.
- Work on a variety of interesting problems, ranging from simplifying user interactions and A/B tests to fraud detection and data science.
- Have a real impact - every commit can move our product massively forward.
- 5 weeks vacation.
- Full time role with flexible working hours. We value the effects of your work and not the time spent.
- Location: this is a 100% remote job; but you should be able to travel from time to time (at our expense) to get-together events.
- Salary: 13-19k PLN per month, depending on your skills and experience
Apply for this position
Interested? Write Benny Hertach an email at email@example.com. We don’t want to restrict you to any specific form of application. Send us whatever you think will make us feel we might be a good match. If you have any questions about the offer, working environment or our company in general, just ask!