Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
Altimetrik is a digital business enablement company. We deliver bite-size outcomes as organizations scale digitalization to accelerate revenue growth without disrupting ongoing business operations. Our practitioners and agile engineering teams create solutions that drive transformation and achieve business goals. With offices across the globe and 4000+ energized practitioners, Altimetrik partners with Fortune 500 and mid-size companies alike to enhance their agility, empowerment, and success.
We opened a branch in Poland in 2020 and currently employ over 150 Engineers. We work 100% remotely or from our hub in Wroclaw. We grow fast. We learn a lot. We prefer to do things instead of just talking about them. If you value working in an environment that values trust and empowerment, then we are waiting for you.
In Altimetrik, we value an informal atmosphere, clear communication, and constant development. Our goal is to work with the most creative and fast learning developers who would like to be a member of Poland’s most significant RoR society. We expect you to grow and learn in a very diversified, challenging, but excellent stack.
We are looking for an experienced Ruby on Rails Developer to join our team in Altimetrik, Poland.
We work with clients from all over the world, whom we support in digital transformation. You will have the opportunity to work with multiple technology stacks and projects. We are looking for fun learning new things and thinking of ourselves as backend developers.
We are responsible for transferring (disbursing) funds collected from end-users to our merchants (regardless of their locations and payment methods).
How we work:
- TDD (we test everything we write, even one-off scripts).
- Pair Programming (especially in the beginning, is the fastest way of knowledge transfer).
- Agile (sprint planning, retrospectives, stand-ups, grooming sessions).
Short Project Description
The project goal is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
The team deals with the so-called alternative payments in, i.e., integration with local payment providers worldwide, including Blik in Poland. Shortly, there are plans to integrate with large payment providers and the Client’s internal payment gateway - Braintree API. The company puts a lot of emphasis on automated testing, so test/development environments are running automatically.
New developers often participate in the E2E automated testing project to learn the domain and the entire ecosystem.
- Provide full life-cycle development in pairs, including requirements analysis, software architecture, designs, coding, unit, and integration tests.
- Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code.
- Maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- Implement best practices of test-driven development٫ continuous integration٫ SCRUM٫ refactoring and code standards.
- Stay informed about relevant new technologies and drive their continuous adoption and integration into design.
Skills that you should know/have
- Robust experience building software or web applications in Ruby / Rails and a deeper understanding of RoR stack.
- Experience writing APIs and services with Ruby on Rails.
- Solid knowledge of object-oriented programming.
- Good experience with relational and PostgreSQL databases.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
Nice to have
- Experience with VIM.
- Good understanding of DRY.rb libraries.
- Possible late working hours/ or at least joining planned meetings in the evening.