My current client is looking for a new software developer who would like to work remotely for a non-profit organisation. Below is the offer, if you are interested in, please contact via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you a Ruby or Rails Developer? Do you have experience of the following tech skills?
This is an incredible opportunity to work with an organisation whose work is not only fulfilling but rewarding on a global scale.
Working across divisions and being an integral part of the team, developing and maintaining web based systems assisting to the design of architecture, integrating the front to back end, CI alongside the implementation of data protection and secure systems.
You must also be a keen self-learning person, who is not daunted by trying out new technologies and be able to think out of the box, and an eye for optimisation and performance.
- A good first-degree in computer science or equivalent
Experience and Skills
- Experienced web application developer who masters the way that such applications are designed and operate
- Would have to demonstrate skills and work through current projects
- Good exposure to big data, databases and querying languages; and good grasp of data organisation and manipulation
- Knows what code versioning is, and has been using this already e.g. GitHub
Other important desirable skills:
- Has worked on databases like Postgresql and similar. Knowledge of PostGIS and/or geospatial databases would be a bonus.
- Has some experience with implementation of Mapping applications/libraries
- Knowledge of front end development tools like React.JS, Vue.Js
- Has some knowledge of Java, Python
- Has a grasp of good design and user interface and interaction, or keen to learn about them.
- Has experience working with GeoSpatial data, or at least knows about them and would be keen to get involved
- Has experience developing APIs
- Is aware of how web applications are deployed and has experience doing it.
- Used to documenting their code
- Has an innovative mind, and has an interest in learning and trying out new technologies
- Cares about optimisation and performance in their web applications
- Likes contribution to open source technologies
- Can easily separate core work from desirable work, and is happy to work as part of an agile environment
- Likes to be part of novel ideas and taking responsibility, rather than being constantly supervised
- Is as keen on working on existing systems to make them better, as to implement new features
- Can easily demonstrate their ability in terms of web application development, and not phased out trying new languages
- Cares about working for the good of the planet
SALARY: up to 13k PLN, B2B contract
International Union for Conservation of Nature
Rue Mauverney 28