Backend Ruby Developer (Remote)
Distribusion makes Ground Transportation accessible, benefiting society and the environment.
Based in the heart of Berlin, we are building the next generation technology platform which connects giants of the travel industry with transport providers. Our highly scalable product and superior technology is supported by an experienced leadership team and some of Europe’s leading Venture Capital Funds. Open globally from Brazil to Russia, with customers from Booking.com to CTrip.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, innovative and proactive Backend Ruby Developer to help us develop the next generation technology which will revolutionise an industry and become the global standard for ground transportation. 2021 is an exciting year to join as we continue to expand into new global markets.
Who you are
- You have at least 2 years of experience working with Ruby
- You have a proven track record of developing large scale applications both with Ruby and with Rails
- You know and can apply best practices when relevant and have a strong testing background
- You have experience working with a microservice architecture
- You have excellent communication skills
- You are able to lead a project independently
- You are fluent in English
What you’ll do
- Build an innovative system with Ruby, Elixir, Kafka, Kubernetes
- Work with Prometheus, Grafana, Docker, GCP
- Manage integration projects with large transportation companies
- Work with different backend APIs and improve our own API
- Serve as a technology leader with a strong focus on performance, quality, scalability and maintainability
- Mentor coworkers and can give in-depth, productive feedback during code reviews.
What we offer
- You are joining a high powered and scaling Berlin-based travel tech company.
- Ownership over mission-critical projects, spanning the organization and with visibility to senior management, from day one.
- A true culture of meritocracy.
- Flat organizational structure.
- Opportunity to shape the future of world travel.
- Work with global brands and gain exposure in an international business setting.
- Diverse, experienced team to exchange your ideas and contributions.
- Dynamic environment with flexible working hours.
- You will be part of an inspiring team and a highly engaging work environment.
If you are interested please email your CV to our Head of HR, Jack Bruten - firstname.lastname@example.org