- Developing and maintaining large backend of IPTV multiscreen system which consists of admin panel, REST XML API, high capacity XML RPC and JSONAPIs.
- Writing and designing new features.
- Optimizing MySQL queries.
- Benchmarking and load testing.
- Collaborate with technical support and system administrator.
- Extract microservice from monolith. - Rewrite component to be more performant (in LUA, Go). - Add new call to existing API. - Develop a new application which communicate with Middleware via REST API. - Build a framework to introduce ability to automatic service discovery in the system.
Desired skills and experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent or demonstrated skills and/or related experience. - Deep understanding of Ruby programming language (>= 2.1). - Full responsibility for code you write. -Writing tested, performant and well factored code. - General Git knowledge. - Familiar with SQL Databases (we use MySQL but any experience is welcome). - General understanding of Ruby, Rspec, Sinatra, Rails, XML, JSON, REST, Redis, Resque, Jenkins. - Knowledge of Linux system administration will be an advantage. - Good communication skills in English. - And of course, above all, will to learn and self-discipline.
What we offer:
- Flexible working hours and forms of employment. - Benefits: private medical care and sports package. - You will work on a system which is actually used in production for couple of years and had successful deployments across many countries, with more on the way. - You will work in a team, where your opinion matter. - This is not a typical Rails job, where you are creating scaffoldings, performance and architecture is a key thing to consider. - The team is open to new technologies. Recently we rewrite some key component in Lua. We consider anything to make our system more reliable, resilient and performant, so if you want to learn and introduce some new technology (Lua, Go), then here you go!
If you are interested in our offer, contact us directly: firstname.lastname@example.org