Educartis is a company responsible for the first education listing website entirely dedicated to Africa. Already present in 9 African countries, and with growing operations teams on ground, Educartis is quickly becoming the go to website for education in Africa: www.educartis.com
- Develop, improve and evolve www.educartis.com
- Work hand in hand with fellow team members and management to conceive and develop new features.
- Write great code and improve current one, using best software development practices.
- An opportunity to become one of the lead developers.
- Remote position, work from wherever you feel is most convenient
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You have 2+ years experience in developing web products using Ruby on Rails.
- You enjoy finding the most efficient solutions to complex problems.
- You always aim at writing the cleanest code possible, and are always open to a refactor.
- You have experience with Ruby on Rails, PostgresSQL, Redis, ideally Nginx.
- You are used to writing tests and capable of working in a TDD environment.
- You are comfortable using git, and deploying to Heroku.
- You understand how servers, domains and DNS work.
- You have good front-end skills, good knowledge of CSS, SCSS, JS, webpack, etc.
- Good spoken and written English mandatory, Spanish also a plus.
- You are open minded, love to submit your ideas, work in collaboration with other team members and always ready to help non tech teammates.
- You’re familiar with Scrum, CI and code reviews
WHAT DO WE OFFER
- Autonomy: work remotely from wherever you see fit.
- Impact: Our product is used by thousands of students and schools across Africa and beyond. Come and add value from day one.
- Purpose: a new and ever growing market, full of opportunities and challenges.
- Culture: work in a multicultural, open-minded, supportive and friendly environment.
- Career opportunities: a chance to join a small team for a big project and quickly become one of its core members.
- Competitive salary (24k ~ 40k EUR according to experience).
- Equity possible.
- Flexibility: working schedule open to modifications depending on your needs.
EDUCARTIS SOLUCIONES SL
Domicilio C/ Gran Via 38 5ª
48014 Bilbao, Vizcaya