We’re a young and exciting startup at the beginning of huge growth. We’ve raised over £19m in funding since we launched in 2013, and facilitated the purchase of more than 40,000 cars worth more than £1 billion. Consumers can read and watch in-depth reviews of every car on the market in the UK, quickly compare offers from our trusted dealer network and buy directly from them without any hassle or haggling.
carwow is changing the way Europe buys cars. We want to make car buying simple, enjoyable, and digital - becoming the absolute best way to buy a car.
We are looking for 3 Ruby on Rails Developers to join our experienced Software Engineering team of 10+ in modern offices in Holborn in London.
What about the product teams?
We’re growing and we need to add additional skills and thinking to our Product teams. We like people who speak up and want to work within a truly collaborative environment. You’ll be collaborating with people from different departments, who make up your product team. So, that means you’ll be working with Product Managers, Data Scientists/ Analysts, Developers, and Designers.
Our Development teams work within a fluid Agile environment with occasional pair programming. Well structured, readable code and a strong emphasis on TDD are key to us here.Our site has over 2 million unique visitors per month, usability, data science & analytics and performance are key to us in order to remain competitive in the modern tech scene.
We are pro-OpenSource here and actively encourage our Developers to keep up to date with the latest tech trends. We can’t promise that you’ll be working with the latest Angular framework or whatever might be trending at the time but if it makes sense for the business and it will improve our products then our question is “Why not?”.
Continuous learning is extremely important to us and we’re keen to learn and have regular study groups - at the moment we are running an internal weekly Elixir coding dojo.
Every Friday, our team of Developers are given the freedom to take a break from the backlog and work on something of interest that contributes to the technical maturity and stability of our codebase. This could be by refactoring a particularly tricky part of the codebase, exploring a new framework to solve some our existing problems or even developing a new tool to help make life easier for the team.
● A technical bachelor’s degree
● Significant previous experience of working with Ruby on Rails or similar languages in a commercial environment
● Proven experience of TDD
● Proven track record of thinking through and delivering technical solutions for business problems
● Experience of working as part of an Agile product team
● Experience of leading projects
● Experience of building and scaling web applications
● Good communication skills - you can you get your idea across verbally in a manner that developers, analysts, product managers and designers will all understand
If you’re prepared to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in you will love the opportunity that this role will give you.
- Equity in the company
- Modern office in Holborn and a thriving, entrepreneurial company culture
- 25 days holiday a year
- Regular team lunches, free fruit and fancy coffee on tap (and tea!)
- Company ski trip - this year we’re going to Austria
- A sociable team with monthly office-wide events - check out our Instagram
- Weekly Friday drinks
- carwow sports teams - dodgeball, netball, tennis, cricket and football
Get in touch with me via email@example.com for more info.