ProFinda is now looking to grow their engineering team and are looking for a Ruby on Rails Engineer with 3 or more years of experience to be involved in developing, maintaining SaaS applications. This is a highly demanding role at a very fast-growing startup, we value intelligence, creativity and friendliness so you will be working with a friendly innovative bunch who are not afraid of trying new things and doing things differently.
In this position you will:
• be proactive with exceptional knowledge of product and team building. When you think a better approach could be taken, you share that knowledge and reasoning with the rest of the team.
• be a problem solver; you will gather the relevant information to make an informed choice whenever you encounter a problem and then move ahead with the optimal decision.
• be comfortable with providing technical direction on projects, pair programming, or assisting other developers, epic coding sessions, meeting deadlines, inventing new things, and loving what you do.
• be working in a team of highly-accomplished, yet humble people who deeply care about the mission of the company.
You should apply if you have:
• experience as a backend Ruby on Rails engineer.
• worked on large (HA) SaaS applications.
• passion; You are proactive and passionate, when you see something that needs fixing, you fix it, when something can be improved, you get started.
• curiosity; you want to know how things work and why they work that way.
• a great sense of responsibility.
• reliable high-speed internet for daily standup via Google Meet.
• knowledge of machine learning, data science and big data – that is a bonus!!
• remote: GMT +/- 3
You’ll love working here because:
• We’re a purpose-driven company making a difference in the lives of tens of thousands of people.
• We have been doing the remote work thing long before it became necessary. We’re good at it and we’ll make sure you are too!
• We move quickly so you’re constantly learning and things never get stale. You will have plenty of opportunities for personal growth and development.
• We know good ideas come from everywhere, so we work to ensure every person feels safe to take risks and think outside of the box. You will get a responsible role in an ambitious team, at the forefront of our rapid growth.
• We are well-funded company, built to scale
• a competitive compensation
• a Macbook Pro
• 25 holidays, plus 8 bank holidays
• learning and development budget
• team retreats
• Ruby, Ruby on Rails, RSpec, Git.
• AWS, Terraform, Docker, CircleCI,
• PostgreSQL, Redis, ElasticSearch, Neo4j,
• We value automation. We take the extra time to do things right. We don’t use hard deadlines.
• We’re not big on meetings. We have great communication and patient self-driven attitudes.
• We care about everything we do. We like to take ownership and have attention to detail.
• We operate based on trust. We have great autonomy and work on flexible hours and care about results.
• We value a daily work + life balance.
Our interview process:
• Intro call (10 minutes)
• Technical interview with Engineering Manager & Backend Lead Engineer (1 Hour)
• Coding Session (1 Hour)
• Final interview with CTO (30 minutes)
Salary range: 20-29k PLN (Note: contract and payments in GBP)
A bit about us:
Though our backgrounds are diverse, we share a belief—employee skills and a knowledge lens can lead to workforce productivity and quality, also favoring employee personal development and mobility. That common inspiration keeps us aligned with our purpose as a team, which is scattered across 7 countries (so far), all over Europe.
The distance doesn’t slow us down. We keep the engine humming from our homes, co-working spaces, and coffee shops. Whether collaborating through Slack, video calls, or of course ProFinda, our team knows how to keep connected—it’s what we do best!
At Profinda, we are committed to being an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All applicants and teammates are encouraged to apply without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, national origin, marital status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is determined on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.