Senior Ruby Developer
Fyber (formerly SponsorPay) is a leading advertising technology company that empowers app developers to execute smart ad monetization strategies across all connected devices through a unified mobile supply side platform.
Fyber reaches over 100 million unique users per month and works with thousands of the world’s leading developers, publishers and advertisers who use the platform to integrate, manage and optimize their mobile ad revenues. Adopted globally by publishers like GREE, Glu Mobile, Zynga, Cie Games, and more, Fyber offers an open approach so that they can easily access hundreds of demand sources and ad networks (i.e. Facebook Audience Network, Google AdMob, Apple iAd, AdColony, InMobi, etc.) In an era when 90% of all apps in the Apple App Store are free, our solutions are crucial for publishers that need a solid mobile advertising strategy to increase their revenue.
For our Berlin office we are currently looking for a Senior Ruby Developer.
Our platform deals with huge amounts of data and billions of requests. We work closely with Quality Assurance, DevOps, Product Managers, and frontend and backend engineers to deliver new features and make sure our systems can easily handle high traffic.
- Design, develop and maintain Fyber’s in-game advertising &
monetization platform, based on RoR.
- Take part in a SCRUM/Kanban team that focuses on one of Fyber’s
Products (e.g. our Mobile App Distribution Product or our Brand
Engage Video Platform)
- Oversee full stack development from the database all the way to the
- Mentor and coach other developers
- Help identify new technologies and techniques that can improve our
apps or our development processes
- You are passionate about software development, which is evident in
your own pet projects
- You have experience driving professional Ruby on Rails projects in an
- You have 5+ years software development experience and 3+ years
experience with Ruby
- You have OO design skills
- You have a strong testing background (TATFT)
- You are very comfortable with Git and Github
- You are proactive and focused on getting things done
- Experience working with high-traffic production systems is a big plus
Backbone, Batman, Angular, etc.)
What we offer
We believe that the most important aspect of a job is being excited about it and working in a team you really like. Aside from all this you will find:
- An amazing company culture and exposure to partners both domestic and
- An incredibly international team with more than 200+ passionate
people from 40+ countries that challenges you all the time to find
the best possible solution
- A technical platform that gets 1000s of requests per second and thus,
some real interesting challenges
- A product that is used by 30+ million users a day
- Competitive remuneration package (55-70k EUR)
- Fun place to work, located in the heart of one of Europe´s most
- German lessons on all levels
We are looking for passionate, self-driven individuals. Thus we are interested in information/links to any work or projects you have done outside your day job both technical and non-technical. If you are active on sites such as StackOverflow, HackerNews, GitHub or Twitter, please include your username(s) in your application. Learn more about our development team.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Meet our Team!