Jr/Mid Backend Developer (API integrations) [Ruby only, not RoR] - Remote

PROJECT DESCRIPTION

Our team is focusing on integration the API of our operators. Our operators are transportation companies (mostly bus and trains). Those APIs provides elementary operations, for instance:

• finding trips between two stations;
  • the possibility to book a trip;
  • cancel a booking;
  • etc…

Our role is to implement those operations so they fit our own REST API specifications. Each operator has their own business rules and particularities.

JOB DESCRIPTION
  • Participate in the API integration of large transportation companies;
  • Analyze how an operator system works and how it fits with our own API;
  • Help identify techniques or tools that can improve our integration processes;
  • Understand business requirements and find the appropriate technical solution;
  • Work in a cross-functional team with members from IT, Business Development, Customer Experience and Product departments.
REQUIREMENTS
  • Ruby back-end experience is (not RoR only)
  • You have experience in API integration (REST, SOAP, etc…)
  • You are fluent in English and possess strong communication skills
  • You are able to find engineering solutions for integrating clients APIs within the existing product system
  • You are interested in Technology and automatisation of processes
  • You have strong analytical skills
  • You have a strong testing background (RSpec, Minitest, etc.)
  • You have experience with Git and Github
  • You are self-organized and are able to prioritize your tasks independently
DO NOT APPLY TO THIS POSITION IF:
  • You don’t have a backend development focus
  • You don’t have experience in Ruby Development
  • You have not work with API integrations (REST or SOAP) in the past
HOW TO APPLY

Via our job portal here --> https://distribusion-jobs.personio.de/job/117579
or
via email to the HR Manager directly kateryna.khyzhniak@distribusion.com

ABOUT US

Distribusion is a travel-tech start-up running a global distribution platform for ground transportation and we are leaders in our market. We connect intercity bus operators and train providers with travel sellers like meta searches, OTAs and airlines all over the world. We are active in 25+ countries across the globe with 5 million connections to 8.000+ destinations and more than 150 airports. Our technology is used by leading travel portals and serves thousands of travellers daily.

Distribusion has been established five years ago and is well funded by some of Europe’s leading Venture Capital Funds.

If you want to learn more about Distribusion, please check out our Website or articles on TechCrunch (ENG) or Tnooz (ENG).

Good Morning Sir,

I’m kindly asking about what ’ * You don’t have a backend development focus’ stands for ?
Would you like to provide me some descriptive example of such approach to validate myself wether I’m proper person.

Best Regards