WE ARE HIRING: RUBY ON RAILS DEVELOPER
Salary: 8,000 – 12,000 PLN gross
Contract type: B2B or employment contract
Start of work: August–September 2019
WHO WE ARE?
We are RIOT. We design, build and launch digital products, experiences and services we believe in.
We are an awarded digital product agency with a unique skill-set in strategy, design and technology. We help our clients plan, design and build any kind of digital product: from web and mobile to smart TV and even to Internet of Things and artificial intelligence. Everything they need to succeed in a digital-first world.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Create modern software system,
- Develop innovative digital projects (Not only standard web services, but also mobile based apps, innovative TV systems or IoT Solutions),
- Create complex APIs,
- Design database schemas,
- Prepare automation tests for new and existing software,
- Making decisions about directions of project development,
- Maintain and develop existing applications,
- Participate in the whole design process: from the first concept through the process of manufacturing testing software, up to the final implementation,
- Work in a young and creative team,
- Develop your knowledge of various areas of new technologies.
WHAT DO WE EXPECT FROM YOU?
- Very good knowledge of Ruby on Rails (at least 5.1 version) – a minimum of 3 years of practical experience in programming in Ruby on Rails. Having more experience will work in your favour,
- Knowledge of relational and non-relational databases – we are looking for people who can work with databases (i.e. PostgreSQL and RedisDB).
- Practical knowledge of ActiveRecord,
- Ability to use RoR application testing tools – they will come in handy in your work and will help maintain the quality of the code,
- Knowledge of design patterns – and best practices for maintaining adequate quality of the code,
- Experience in integration with the front-end – knowledge of one of the following frameworks: React, Angular or Ember and experience working with .html.erb or .haml files will be a plus
- Knowledge of Scrum – as an organization we use this agile framework. It’d be nice if you at least knew the basics. If you don’t, willingness to learn will do.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM US?
- Positive atmosphere at work – we are a small company and for that reason, we select our new colleagues carefully to build coherent company culture and feel comfortable at a place where we spend 30% of our lives.
- Lack of boredom – we create diverse digital products for clients from around the world. Sometimes it is an advanced e-commerce platform, a mobile app, a smart TV experience, smart home equipment, and sometimes an industrial control system for a power plant.
- A salary proportional to your qualifications – above all, we appreciate real skills and commitment. You will get additional points for being a friendly colleague. We are not very big fans of egos and FYPM attitude.
- Personal development funds – we always try to stay up to date. Sometimes we organize training courses on our own and sometimes we simply participate in one. As a company, we believe in a permanent self-improvement.
- Remote work – once a week is totally fine.
- Apple hardware at work – a small thing, but can make one happy.
Do not hesitate, send us your CV to email@example.com. And please remember about personal data clause. Hope to talk to you soon!