We're AutoInnovation from Denmark and we're looking for a freelance Ruby on Rails Developer to join our small team as a lead developer to help us further develop our product - TjeKvik.
TjeKvik is a terminal for the car industry - similar to a self check in terminal at an airport
The terminal reduces stress for car mechanics by streamlining their process for handling appointments and provides a better user experience for customers by giving them an option to handle their car repairs through the terminal.
We're in the process of expanding to Sweden and Norway and need help from an experienced developer to guide the development to a stable platform that we want to further build our product on.
- Great spoken and written English
- Have several years experience in RoR
- Care about code quality
- Can handle simple HTML with Bootstrap / SCSS
- Understands TDD (with RSpec)
- Can work on his own
- Is not afraid to refactor code for the better
- (Bonus) Basic devops skills (Docker, VPS deployments)
- (Bonus) Can share knowledge and provide constructive criticism in Pull requests
What we offer
- Full remote work with paid visits to Copenhagen, Denmark
- Flexible schedule - decide when and how you work
- Competitive pay starting from 4000 EUR / month
- Lots of freedom and technical responsibility on the project
- Starting with 6 month contract / or a permanent full time employment
About the project
Main complexity and challenges come from managing customers and appointment data while the appointment goes through several states from initial to finalized and all the actions that have to happen between.
We use Github / CI setup and deploy to Heroku regularly.
We’re a team of 4 people, with one full-time developer, one project manager / developer and two business owners.
Tjekvik started over two years ago and it’s steadily growing with more happy customers adapting our product and our platform.
We’re very proud of the product and we’re excited to expand its functionality and we need someone like you to help us build a stable platform for our customers.
If you're interested or have any questions about the position please reach out via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
And if you don't feel like you meet the above criteria we'd love to talk to you regardless.