We’re growing and looking for a Front-End Developer in Europe to join our team of talented and passionate designers and developers.
You’ll be working with our Growth team (as part of the larger Product department) working on User Engagement and Revenue Growth initiatives. You should have a keen attention to detail and the ability to create a simple yet remarkable user experience.
You’re excited at the idea of implementing and launching experiments quickly, brainstorming creative solutions based on the results, and implementing those solutions. You and your team will be iterating quickly across multiple experiments simultaneously.
Some examples of the stuff the Growth team is working on:
- Redesigning our subscription update form and a/b testing it vs. the previous
- Adding social network signup and login options
- Exploring segmenting our new user onboarding based on their detected profession
- Every member of our team is expected to ship top-notch work and take complete ownership of their responsibilities. In return, this is an incredible opportunity to get down into the trenches of a growing business and product, work with cutting-edge technologies, be immersed in a seriously awesome company culture, and solve challenging problems daily.
- You’re proficient with the React framework
- You know the DOM inside and out, including browser-specific quirks
- You have an understanding and can implement responsive layouts and media queries
- You are open to learning and using Haml/SCSS/ES6
- You have a strong eye for typography, colour, and layout
- You can transform design mockups into working software
- You can create modular, flexible, and maintainable CSS
- You can make informed technology and implementation decisions and justify them
- You can accurately set and meet deadlines
- You have strong or native proficiency in both English and Polish
Bonus Points if:
- You have an understanding of Git or version control in general
- You’ve used React-Redux for managing state
- You’ve tried out Ruby on Rails
- You enjoy debating with others to advocate for what you think is best
- You enjoy tinkering with new and interesting technologies for evaluation
Why Join Format?
- We strive to deliver a world-class experience for our customers by delivering exceptional work that we’re proud of.
- We emphasize a highly collaborative environment. Everyone builds things and collaborates across departments. The best solution can come from anywhere or anyone.
- We’re fierce defenders of a healthy work-life balance. We work smart, not long.
- Everyone has the freedom to influence the choice of tools and technologies.
- Respect, trust, and honesty. Personal and professional maturity is important to us, and we keep each other honest.
- We pay competitive salaries and have flexible vacation policies.
- We provide great benefits: extended health, dental, life, and disability.
- We have an amazing team that will be eager to help you succeed in your role. Learn more about us: http://wayswework.io/features/format
As this is a remote position, we’re looking for someone well-suited to remote work. You should:
- Be willing to come visit us in Toronto once in awhile (travel paid by us, of course).
- Be comfortable with a workday that overlaps at least a few hours daily with our timezone (EST).
- Be comfortable working independently and able to set your own priorities.
- Have a propensity towards action. You don’t like waiting for someone to wake up on the other side of the world and you’ll figure out how to move forward on your own
- Be a great written communicator. Most of your interaction with the rest of the company will be over Slack, e-mail, and other messages.
- We use Mac computers. You should have your own Mac computer or be willing to purchase one and we are happy to help you do so if need be.
Your typical day at Format will involve:
- Quickly syncing up with the team (both in Toronto and your time zone) over Slack about what’s getting done today, and also meeting in person with your local team from time to time.
- Minimal meetings. When we meet, we have specific goals and we aim to achieve those goals as efficiently as possible so that everyone can get back to building stuff.
- Writing code that drives a great user experience.
How to apply for this position:
If this sounds like you then get in touch! You’ll love working here, we promise.
This is a full-time remote position. Click here to apply.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No recruiters, please.
Format is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a work environment that is both diverse and inclusive. You will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, or age.