ABOUT BIT ZESTY
We are an innovation agency specialising in making digital experiences that create real value for users and organisations. We make digital products for clients across a variety of industries – including startups, large enterprises, charities and government bodies – as well as building and maintaining our own SaaS products.
We believe in creating a workplace where employees are given the opportunity to grow and better themselves, have their opinions heard, socialise with colleagues and genuinely enjoy the work they do every day. Our whole team is committed to working together to achieve industry-leading results.
BEING A RUBY ON RAILS DEVELOPER AT BIT ZESTY
As a Senior Ruby on Rails Developer at Bit Zesty you will be working alongside the product management and UX design teams to make the products we build rock-solid and scalable.
It is the perfect opportunity for someone who is experienced in creating dynamic web applications and passionate about clean code.
- Take wireframes/mockups and user stories and design systems that meet the requirements
- Create user friendly web app interfaces by working closely with UX designers and frontend developers
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable Ruby code.
- Devops: improve automation of the software development process.
- Identify performance issues and bugs, and provide solutions to these problems.
- Work with other team members to ensure we are building the right product
- Participate in code reviews
- Pair-program with other developers or discuss possible technical architectures
- Contribute to creating a culture of writing excellent software
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 4+ years experience developing applications with Ruby on Rails
- Expert in HTML, CSS & JS
- Excellent knowledge of SQL (MySQL/PostgreSQL)
- Passion for good user experience
- Passion for technology
- Superb organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision
- University degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related subject
WHAT WE OFFER
- Friendly, open-minded and collaborative team
- Challenging environment - you will be working on new complex projects every 2-3 months
- Remote working (full-time contractor working hours similar to London)
- Day rate dependent on experience
If you are interested in applying please visit: https://bit-zesty.workable.com/jobs/271893