This is a rare opportunity to join a professional start-up, which offers a challenging, fun and casual working atmosphere. Locafox (http://locafox.de/) is a young and fast growing local commerce venture in Berlin. Our mission is to provide consumers with real-time inventory and price information of products available at their local retailer and online stores.
The founding team consists of five international entrepreneurs, with several years experience in the ecommerce business. The business model and teams have successfully secured substantial funding from Holtzbrinck Ventures. Join our team and become part of this retail revolution.
We are seeking Ruby Engineers of all experience levels. (Junior / Mid / Senior). Our stack currently consists of the following technologies: Ruby 2, Rails 4, Sinatra, HAML, SASS, Bootstrap, Angular.JS, CoffeeScript, Redis, MongoDB & Postgres. We are firm believers of open-source and heavily rely on it. Several of our team members have released and/or contributed to popular projects. TDD is kind of big deal here as well.
Languages: Our company language is English and a bit of German doesn’t hurt either.
Workplace: Come and join us in Berlin, Germany.
- Help engineer and build our backend systems inline with our product requirements
- Tackle big data sets and suggest ways to optimize them
- Work closely with our Product Management team to develop new ideas & implement them
- Connect with our Backend team to integrate data into your interfaces.
- A strong understanding of Ruby and its associated tools & frameworks (Bundler, Rails, Sinatra, Rack)
- Experience building and consuming restful APIs
- Knowledge of testing Ruby code using tools like Rspec & Cucumber
- A Github account or some code samples
What we offer:
- A passionate CTO leading the IT team
- Some of the brightest minds building our platform
- Flexible work hours
- Monthly hackathons with pizza & beer
- The opportunity to shape our product right from scratch
- A budget of 1.500€ to put together your IT setup
Junior/Mid Engineers: 2000 - 3500 EUR
Senior Engineers: 3000 - 6000 EUR