Job Description: RubyOnRails Developer
Title: RubyOnRails Developer
Are you ready to help build ground-breaking applications for our clients? We are helping small and large companies put their ideas into reality. Our projects include anything from web/mobile applications, Big Data, Machine Learning, or building large scale web crawlers (billions of documents) and fine-tuning Search Engines.
If this is you, we’ve been waiting for you.
- You take pride in your work by implementing cutting-edge technologies and writing state-of-the-art code.
- You own your projects from software design to implementation and deployment.
- You emphasize simplicity and pragmatism, which is reflected in your elegant code that other developers emulate.
- You love to learn and develop new skills continuously.
- You thrive on working with new technologies.
- You challenge the status quo when needed.
- You have the drive to get results and not let anything get in your way.
- You have the habit of leaving the code cleaner than when you found it
- Simsar is a quickly growing Software Development House based in San Jose, California and Rzeszow, Poland with work opportunities around the globe
- We help companies put their ideas into reality
- We work with StartUps and Large Enterprises
- Our projects include Web and Mobile applications, Big Data, Machine Learning (NLP and Computer Vision), Data Acquisition and Search Engines
- We think big, move fast and have strong opinions.
- We frame things up and expect you to fill in the blanks.
- We are open to great ideas and are willing to experiment.
- We believe in work flexibility and respect your need to work in your own space.
- Everyone executes and delivers.
- Languages: Ruby / Python
- Frameworks: RoR / Sinatra / Django
- Databases: PostgreSQL / MySQL / MongoDB / Redis / S3
SKILLS WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Expertise in RubyOnRails (v. 5+)
- Good knowledge of Sintatra is a plus
- Ability to take tasks from requirements to deployment quickly and independently
- Ability to function as a project leader as well as an individual contributor
- Ability to work within distributed, multidisciplinary teams
- Design and build scalable, high-availability mission-critical systems and APIs
- High bar for quality and a phenomenal attention to detail
- Working knowledge of deployment process (Capistrano), user authentication and authorization (Devise), and testing
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent field
- 7+ years of building highly scalable applications
- Extensive experience in web service deployments
HOW TO APPLY
- Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org