HOW TO APPLY
We at Distribusion believe everyone should be able to purchase any transport anywhere - online.
Based in the heart of Berlin, we are building the next generation technology platform which connects giants of the travel business with scheduled ground transport providers, from airport busses to cross-country trains. Our highly scalable product, as well as our superior technology, have already convinced some of the world’s largest travel agencies to partner with us.
We are looking for a Senior Backend Ruby Developer to support our growth and help us develop the next generation technology which will revolutionize an industry and become the global standard for ground transportation.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Build the core backbone system for a whole industry
- Cutting-edge multi layer product and highly scalable long-lasting system
- Diverse, experienced team to exchange your ideas and contribution
- Opportunity to contribute to the engineering strategy
- Free of choice dev-environment, you can try out new technologies
- Competitive salary, flexible working hours
- Relocation support
- Conference visits
- English speaking team
- Free drinks and snacks on daily basis
WHO YOU ARE
- You have a proven track record of developing large scale applications with Ruby on Rails
- You are passionate about software development and the product you build
- You have strong conceptualization and SOA design skills
- You are able to manage business requirements and to challenge them
- You have a strong testing background (RSpec, Minitest, etc.)
- You are very comfortable with Git and Github
- You love getting involved in new trends but also challenge the applicability to the system you are working on
- You are self-organized and are able to prioritize your tasks independently
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Build an innovative system with Ruby, Kafka, ArangoDB
- Work with Prometeus, Grafana, Kibana, Docker, Elixir, in plans: Kubernetes, Graph Database (appr. 400 requests per second)
- Manage integration projects with large transportation companies
- Work with different backend APIs and create our own API
- Help identify new technologies and techniques that can improve our system and our development processes
- Depending on seniority, mentor our Junior team members
Distribusion is the leading global technology platform for scheduled ground transportation. We are active in 25+ countries across the globe with 10 million trips to 8.000+ destinations and more than 150 airports. Our technology is used by leading travel portals and serves thousands of travellers daily.
Distribusion has been established five years ago and is well funded by some of Europe’s leading Venture Capital Funds.