SENIOR FULL-STACK ENGINEER
Qualaroo has years of experience helping customers like TripAdvisor, eBay, Spotify capture customer insights through real-time feedback, in-depth analysis and intelligent reporting. From desktop, to mobile, to in-app, Qualaroo’s real-time feedback platform enables companies to ask the right question at the right time to the right person. Features like intelligent targeting and sentiment analysis helps companies accelerate the process of collecting customer feedback, giving customers the opportunity to activate on feedback in real-time.
SOME BACKGROUND INFO
The team is divided between USA (mainly San Antonio, Texas) and Kraków. Right now there is 5 team members in Kraków: Senior Full-Stack Engineer/ Tech Lead, Front-End Developer, iOS Developer, Android Developer and Head of UX. There are 9 people based in the USA (CEO, 1 Senior Developer, 3 Customer Success Specialists, 2 Sales people, 1 Marketing Director and 1 Data Analyst). We currently have 2 open roles for developers, so the team will be growing.
Qualaroo is a product we (Scaleworks) bought a couple of months ago and we are working on rebuilding it and making it even more successful.
HOW WE WORK
We are implementing agile - which means some things don’t work yet, and some don’t work as they should but we’re actually having pretty good progress.
We work in 2-weeks sprints with planning, demo, retro and everyday standups. We are introducing grooming. We try to create and describe tasks according to the best agile practices (user stories, etc).
We’re not fans of many long meetings. We have a small team focused on doing it's job. Developers only documentation. No people management, no client support.
We are using Assembla as a PM tool.
WHAT YOU WILL BE WORKING ON
Mostly new features, with maintenance of old jobs. Refactoring of old code base is an ongoing process, and new hire will jump into it. The most interesting upcoming or already started features:
- rewriting core business features into React stack with API refinement
- deep analysis data of substantial volume (> 100 gb)
- devops: better scaling in AWS cloud
…and smaller ones like:
- integrating with external APIs
- building recommendation system.
About 70% of your time will be new features building and 30% maintenance/bug fixing.
Ruby 2.4, Rails 4.2, RSpec. SASS and HAML. ES6, React, Webpack.
For deploying currently Capistrano 3, Docker in progress.
AWS: CloudWatch, SQS, EC2 and ECS, S3.
- 4+ years of experience in software development,
- excellent Ruby on Rails skills,
- knowledge of testing frameworks and best practices (TDD)
- knowledge of RDBMS (MySQL or/and PostgreSQL)
- good command of English (you don’t have to be proficient, we have free classes with the native speaker in the office, but you cannot be shy to talk)
- has initiative and courage to express his/her opinion and share ideas and suggestions on approaches, technologies, and solutions to be used and is able to give and receive feedback.
- cool sense of humour,
- experience in ReactJS/Angular/Vue.js,
- experience with AWS and devops,
- experience with data analytics.
- chance to influence the product and it’s code side a lot,
- office overlooking the Main Square in Krakow,
- private medical care (LuxMed),
- sports card funding,
- free classes with a native speaker,
- development fund of 3k PLN per year (for conferences, trainings, books, etc),
- good coffee (standard coffee machine and drip),
- monthly socializing events (sometimes we just go for a beer, but we also like other activities like canoeing, paintball, bowling, karaoke, skiing, go-carts, escape rooms…),
- we have table football in the office too
- air purifiers for winter time and AC for the summer heats,
- bonuses for referring new employees,
- MacBook Pro + accessories,
- fruit and snacks,
- internal knowledge sharing events (ScaleDojo FTW!),
- company library with books on software development and design,
- company access to Udemy.
Location: Kraków - office in the Main Square,
Salary: 12-17k PLN per month on B2B contract or up to 13.5k PLN per month on standard employment contract (UOP)
Contract type: any you prefer
Start date: ASAP
Size of the team (planned): 16-20 people
Size of the software dev team(planned): 7-10 people
Size of the company in Kraków: around 30 people right now (but we’re hiring) - there are team members of other products owned by Scaleworks based in same office
Working hours: we start between 8 and 10 am every day
Travel: possibly 1-2 times per year to the USA
Holiday allowance: 20 or 26 days depending on a contract (26 on B2B and 20 or 26 on UOP)
We don’t have remote work option.
If you have any questions or would like to apply please get in touch on: email@example.com