Remote - B2B Contract
US-based Client/Project (overlap minimum 4h)
You will join a small, agile, fast-paced and highly technical team to build the next generation SaaS product in GovTech. You will get a chance to work side by side with numerous highly experienced and highly technical engineers to design and implement new cutting-edge solutions. We’re a highly functional, high performance team that is looking for a motivated self-starter individual that likes to tackle challenging problems.
- Write clean, maintainable, efficient and well-tested code
- Follow best practices (Test-Driven Development, Continuous Integration, Agile / Scrum, Lean Software Development, good programming paradigms, etc.)
- Drive continuous adoption and integration of relevant new technologies
- Significant work experience in software development and knowledge of modern technologies
- Significant work experience in Ruby on Rails (7+ years)
- Deep understanding of the Ruby on Rails framework to be able to refactor, cleanup, improve, upgrade, and re-architect the codebase.
- Solid understanding of Object-Oriented Programming (OOP)
- Passion for writing elegant, simple, clean, efficient and well-tested code
- Good knowledge of relational databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.)
- Good knowledge of common background processing tools like Redis, Elasticsearch, and RabbitMQ
- Experience working on high-traffic big data applications
- Experience with Amazon AWS and some DevOps responsibilities
- Experience building and designing APIs
- Fluency in English and excellent communication skills
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent organizational skills
- BSc / BA in Computer Science or a related degree
DM if interested.