Svitla Systems Inc. is looking for a Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer for a full-time position (40 hours per week) in Poland.
Our client is a remote-first company that serves over one million drivers and over 100,000 businesses that power the physical economy by building technology to improve the safety, productivity, sustainability, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. The Automated Operations Platform combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to automate vehicle and equipment tracking, driver safety, compliance, maintenance, spend management, and more. The client serves over 120,000 businesses across various industries, including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery. You will be responsible for building new financial products for the customers.
As part of this role, you will build APIs/services that integrate with payment platforms for processing transactions from the customers. We are looking for strong engineers to build the financial stack and deliver best-in-class reliability and performance for payment transactions.
This team is responsible for:
- building integration with payment platforms
- processing transactions with high reliability
- generating invoices
- processing payments from the client’s customers
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in software development.
- Strong knowledge of Ruby on Rails.
- Experience building product infrastructure, distributed systems, and data models.
- Experience with relational and NoSQL databases such as PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Redis, and Cassandra.
- Experience with AWS.
- Working hours till 7 pm CET due to cooperation with the US team (to negotiate).
- Create and scale data models and improve system performance.
- Build and make scalable design choices for API interfaces to work across internal and external applications and services.
- Work on billing/payment-related third-party integration like Stripe or Adyen.
- Develop software that improves the cost of running a service in production, reduces iteration time, and helps you and the team make better decisions about how and what we build and try next.
- Provide appropriate monitoring, logging, and debugging for the system’s health.
- Communicate effectively across multiple teams and projects.
- Actively work on the client’s AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Mentor and learn from the developers within the engineering organization.
- Salary of 6 000 - 8 000 USD/per month on a B2B contract.
- US and EU projects based on advanced technologies.
- Competitive compensation based on skills and experience.
- Annual performance appraisals.
- Flexibility in workspace, either remote or in our welcoming office.
- Comprehensive medical insurance after one month.
- MultiSport card with access to 2500 sports facilities all over Poland
- Bonuses for recommendations of new employees.
- Bonuses for article writing, public talks, other activities.
- Paid 15 vacation days, 10 national holidays, sick leaves, family days off.
- Educational activities reimbursement on the monthly basis.
- Free webinars, meetups and conferences organized by Svitla.
- Gifts for birthdays, New Year and other holidays.
- Fun corporate celebrations and activities.
- Awesome team, friendly and supportive community!
Svitla Systems is a global trusted IT solutions company headquartered in California, with business and development offices throughout the US, Latin America, Europe, and Asia. Svitla is an outspoken advocate of workplace flexibility, best known for its well-established remote culture, individual approach to our teammate’s professional and personal growth, and family-like environment.
Since 2003, Svitla has served a wide range of clients, from innovative start-ups in California to mega-large corporations such as Ingenico, Amplience, InvoiceASAP and Global Citizen. At Svitla, developers work with clients’ teams directly, building lasting and successful partnerships, as a result of seamless integration with on-site processes.
Svitla Systems’ global mission is to build a business that contributes to the well-being of our partners, personnel and their families, improves our communities, and makes a lasting difference in the world. Join us!
If you are interested in our vacancy, please send your CV directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Svitla Systems, Inc. Head Office (California)
100 Meadowcreek Drive, Suite 102 Corte Madera, California 94925
Svitla Europe sp. z o.o. Office in Poland
from January 2023: Opolska 110, 31-355 Kraków