Senior Consultant, Ruby on Rails Development (Full-time: Warsaw, Poland)
(Individual applicants only. Please, no head hunters, consultants, or recruiters. NO THIRD PARTY VENDORS )
Company: Freeport Metrics, Inc.
Job Title: Senior Consultant, Ruby on Rails Development (Full-time)
Job Location: Warsaw, Poland. ~500m from metro, close to central station, various tram/bus lines outside building (& telecommuting from other location in Poland is an option for exceptional candidates)
Freeport Metrics is a US-based consulting company focused in the development of custom data analytics solutions (from data acquisition to visualization) for retail, non-profit, government, energy, and financial clients. We are seeking experienced, self-motivated, self-disciplined, and entrepreneurial hackers (i.e., enthusiastic and skillful computer programmers) to join our small, but growing international team working from our new office in the center of Warsaw.
This position involves maintaining or developing a mastery in agile enterprise Ruby on Rails development. Skilled Python, PHP, Perl, or Groovy developers should feel free to apply as you will be working with experienced developers that can server as mentors.
Our Development and Delivery Style
Best said in Agile Manifesto:
- Satisfy the customer through early and continuous delivery of valuable software.
- Build projects around motivated individuals. Give them the environment and support they need, and trust them to get the job done.
- Working software is the primary measure of progress.
Examples of Technologies We’re Using
- Light middle tiers such as Rails, Spring MVC, Spring, Guice
- Combination of traditional RDBMS as well as column-oriented and document-oriented databases
- Cloud computing infrastructure solutions
- Rich internet applications with frameworks like GWT, ExtJS, JQuery, Flash etc.
- Software architect involved with project management and hands-on development
- Document, analyze, and deliver technical recommendations for clients
- Be a technology expert by keeping up to date of innovations and communicate recommendations both internally and to clients
- Produce skillfully crafted software
- IT-related university degree or equivalent work experience
- Internet application development skills with 2+ years of full-time experience in Ruby or similar technology
- Proven ability to solve problems
- Exceptional analytical, planning, and software design skills
- Be nimble enough to switch between technologies from time to time
- Passion for technology
- Experience with open source development tools and languages (e.g., Python, Java, Rails, PHP, MySQL, Linux)
- Superior personal character and work ethic
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills
- Java enterprise development experience
- Database design and SQL skills: on-the-job experience optimizing queries, database schemas, and/or database engines.
- Unix/Linux system administration skills
- Permanent job with very competitive salary. “Umowa o prace” or other forms of contract depending on candidate’s preferences/needs (telecommuting status, existing clients, etc.)
- Top-end commercial or development tools (hardware and software) with flexibility given on selection of toolset
- Professional work environment located in center of Warsaw
- Modern, agile development practices maximizing client and developer satisfaction
- Professional development benefits (training, books, subsidized post-graduate work, conferences, etc.)
- Standard European benefit package (5 weeks of paid vacation, almost unlimited sick days with friendly doctor’s note, 40-hour work week)
- Work with skilled, smart, international co-workers and clients
- Corporate (strictly structured) environment
- Pin-headed management
- Rows of cubicles
- Locked-down network and workstations without admin privileges
Inquiries should be directed to email@example.com and should include a short cover letter and CV highlighting relevant experience.
No head hunters or recruiters.
Please review and add the following annotation to your application:
Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie moich danych osobowych zawartych w mojej ofercie pracy dla potrzeb niezbędnych do realizacji rekrutacji zgodnie z Ustawą z dn. 29.08.97 r. o Ochronie Danych Osobowych (Dz. U. nr 133 poz. 883)